Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Replacing Bad with Good

Replacing Bad with Good is one of the things I strive to live by.

If something bad happens, what do you do?  Often my immediate response is to return in kind.  As I've seen through my life though, this continuos 'do loop' is a waste of time and energy.

I think we need to take a hint from the teachings of the Bible, the Ancient Greeks and Romans and many other wise people who have walked before us.  This world is a bit dysfunctional, bad things will happen. What will our response be?  To forgive, to replace the bad favor with a good favor.  There is the rub.  That is the challenge.

That is to say not to be Holier than Thou, but rather, to really mean it, to really try to give back good even when handed a bad situation.

No comments:

Post a Comment