Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Combating Entropy

As I grow older, I must come to terms with the limitations of healing that my body can provide.  My mind is something completely different.  It seems as though my mind is getting sharper as my eyes require reading glasses and that 7 minute mile becomes more and more of a memory than a reality.

Dad and I in 1963

Can you spot the 50 year old man in the picture?  Yes, that's me standing upon my Dad's shoulders.  So much of my accomplishments have been through the steady hand and support of others, even when I thought I was doing all the work.

Many years forward, I now stand alone on my Father's birthday.  No, I shouldn't say that. Dad has passed on, but I have many people of my own to hold up and to balance on my shoulders.  It is time to take the seat in the back and become a supporting actor in the movie of life, all the while, challenging my brain and my body to be as strong and as quick as possible.

CGB.



No comments:

Post a Comment