Monday, October 31, 2011

Happy Haloween Tesla!

Halloween is a great time of year.  It allows us to dress up into whatever we want to be. 

Two nights ago, at a coffee shop, I met a guy dressed up as Nikola Tesla.  He was perfect; right down to the very official, dignified clothing of the late 1800s.  He had a machine with him that looked like it came out of a museum.  It was in perfect condition, made out of old, solid wood, with components that, when you pressed the button, gave off an impressive arc of electricity that flashed from one point of the machine to another.

I asked him, "Are you Tesla?" He said, "Tonight, I'm Tesla."

I thought to myslef, "Who dresses up like Tesla?"

You can't dance with that box, nor are you scary looking like a 19th Century scientist.

I left this man after complementing him on an incredibly accurate costume.  As I made my way home, the scene really started messing with my head.  "Who dresses like Tesla on Halloween?" 

Maybe that was Tesla's ghost, stopped by to remind us of great science and great minds.

Happy Halloween!

Tesla, you scared the heck out of me!

Nikola Tesla

No comments:

Post a Comment