Monday, October 10, 2011

Dreams I'll Never See

I had a hard time getting up again this morning.  Was it my shoulder?  Was it the pain killing drugs fading away or was it the anxiety of all I think I need to do today manifesting itself into one moment in the morning?

Never mind.  The cause does not matter as much as the solution.

My brother would often listen to Molly Hatchet's Song "Dreams I'll Never See" when he got up in the morning.  As I stumbled through my daily readings, my shower and trying to comb my hair with a shoulder not quite ready from prime time, the melody of the song hit me.

The song begins with a guitar riff that is very distinct.  The notes of that music took me back in my memory of a time in 1978 - 1980.  In those days we faced what we thought were almost a hopeless situation, caught in a financial nightmare, unable to break free of all the issues, known and unknown that surrounded us.

But the song's message to me was you get up and try any way.  You may not see your dreams come to fruition, but maybe that's a good reason to try anyway.

Funny how songs of the past become the sound tracks of our lives isn't it?

The solution to my funk was to hear that song that drove my brother and ultimately me, further along to where we needed to go...

"Just one more morning, I had to wake up with the blues,..."

"I've got dreams I'm never gonna see

Lord help me baby, dreams get the best of me...."

Pull myself together, gonna put on a new face ya,

Climb down from the hill to and see what I can see..."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z_3SydJVaE0






No comments:

Post a Comment