Friday, September 23, 2011

Me at the beginning at the Manitou Incline

This is my first entry.  Today is the 23rd of Sept 2011.  In two months I will be 50 years old.  
Is that a bad thing?
I don't think so.  
I see a lot of people spending thousands of dollars and huge chunks of time to try to change the physical look that the years have given them.  I sympathize with this approach.  Would I like to be 19 again?  Could I have the body I had then?  Along with the opportunities to do things over, better?
Sure I'll take that Disney Ride, but truth is, I've had a great life then.  More importantly, I must make a great life now, with reality as it is, not as I wish it to be.
You see that little paunch there in my gut?  Uh-uh, it didn't get there on accident.  That is the results of years of choices, many of them were wrong.  Lets see if I can fix that in the near term

The one thing that I hope to share with you is that where we are in life is often a result of our choices.  I think, as I approach 50, I'm going to choose to be 50.  I'm planning on making the most of this part of life, but I will spend precious little pretending I'm something else. 



No comments:

Post a Comment